Samoa Bundt Cake is made from a super tender and moist chocolate cake topped with caramel frosting and lots of shredded coconut.
Samoa Bundt Cake
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 55 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel sauce
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Caramel Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour and bundt pan (or use baking spray).
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (heat at 20 second intervals) until smooth when stirred. Set Aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until blended well, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in melted chocolate just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to batter, alternating with sour cream, beating at LOW speed just until blended after each addition.
- Slowly, with mixer on LOW speed, add hot water.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan then remove cake from pan to cool completely.
- To make frosting, beat butter and caramel sauce until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in enough heavy cream to get to desired consistency.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on cake and drizzle with caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!