Pink Velvet Cake is seriously so delish! Try it next time you have a sweet craving and want to bake up something special!
One Bowl Pink Velvet Cake
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 35 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINS
- 2 cups (256 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2/3 cup (161 g) whole milk room temperature
- 6 tbsp. (85 g) unsalted butter, room temp. and cubed
- 1/2 tsp. (3ml) almond extract
- 2 tsp. (10ml) vanilla extract
- 4 (120g) egg whites
- 4 drops McCormick® red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees (325°F for convection and high altitude). Prepare two 6-inch round cake pans with spray or parchment. (You can also use 7 or 8-inch round pans, just make sure your pans are not more than 2/3 full)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in milk, butter, extracts, and food color and whisk on low until ingredients are mostly incorporated. Add in egg whites last and mix until incorporated.
- Divide batter between prepared cake pans and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out mostly clean, just not wet.
- Cool before assembling the cake.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!