Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes are one of my very favorite dessert recipes – and they only take a total of 20 minutes from start to eating!
Easy Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate (4 ounces)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour or gluten-free baking blend
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease 4 six-ounce ramekins with butter and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the butter and chocolate. Microwave on high until the butter melts and the chocolate starts to soften, about 1 minute.
- Mix the chocolate and butter together until no lumps remain. If you need to microwave it a bit longer you can.
- Add powdered sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and stir to make a thick batter.
- Place the batter in the prepared ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet to easily move them in and out of the oven.
- Place the baking sheet and ramekins in the oven. Bake for 12-13 minutes until the edges are set and the center is soft (but it won’t be glossy or super jiggly).
- Let the cakes rest for 2 minutes and then invert them onto a serving plate.
- Serve right away with freshly whipped cream and berries or vanilla ice cream.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!