You gotta love a one-skillet dinner.
Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-oz.) jar salsa verde
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Season chicken with garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Cook chicken until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Still on medium heat, heat remaining oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Add salsa verde, cream cheese, and chicken broth, and stir until cream cheese has melted completely into sauce.
- Return chicken to skillet and let simmer until slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes more. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve chicken with extra sauce spooned over the top.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!