When it comes to weeknight dinners, this is what we dream of. It’s simple, creamy, and so dang satisfying.
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Yields: 3 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 40 mins
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2/3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, sliced in rounds and halved
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced fresh basil
- On a large plate, combine flour with 1/4 cup Parmesan, garlic powder, and lemon zest. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with a fork. Dredge each chicken breast on all sides with flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering but not smoking. Add chicken and sear until golden, 6 minutes. Flip and cook until opposite side is golden, around 6 minutes more. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium and add butter to pan. When butter is melted add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, cream, and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and season with more salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add lemon slices and bring to a simmer and cook until thickened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- When chicken is cooked, remove skillet from heat and garnish with basil before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!