Rich creamy lemon basil sauce with sauteed chicken tossed with pasta.
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 25 mins
- Servings: 6
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast (about 2-3 chicken breasts, cubed)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream or Half-n-Half
- Lemon Zest (from one lemon)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil (cut into ribbons or torn)
- 1 lb. Pasta
- Start by boiling water in a large pot. Add a generous amount of salt to the pot of water. This will help to season the pasta. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- While water is heating up, in a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5-6 minutes. Turn up the heat to medium-high and add chicken breast. Saute for 7-8 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Garlic can easily burn so watch it carefully. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream or half-n-half. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest. If you want more lemon flavor, add more lemon zest. Taste sauce and add more salt, if necessary.
- Toss cooked pasta with sauce. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil ribbons.