Chicken breasts are simmered in a slightly spicy coconut milk based sauce in this quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
Yield: 4-6 SERVINGS
Prep time: 10 MINUTES
Cook time: 20 MINUTES
Total time: 30 MINUTES
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (13.6 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, until golden brown and mostly cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock and cornstarch. Add to the skillet, along with the red chili flakes and turmeric. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cream, then return the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!