If you love this at Panera, just wait until you try it at home.
Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. wild rice
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt butter. Add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, 6 minutes. Add chicken and cook until golden, 10 minutes, then add thyme and garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and whisk until golden, 1 minute. Pour over chicken broth and milk and season with salt and pepper. Add rice and bring to a simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!