Chicken marsala is a classic dish that’s creamy, quick, and irresistible. The creamy sauce made of mushrooms, marsala wine, and heavy cream is straight up drinkable and we love serving it over a big pile of spaghetti or angel hair. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner and we don’t even feel guilty when we make it three nights in a row.
Creamy Chicken Marsala
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. baby bella or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. marsala wine
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley
- Cooked angel hair, for serving
- In a shallow bowl, season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and oil. Add chicken and cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and place on a clean plate.
- Make marsala sauce: Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are golden and liquid has been released, 6 to 8 minutes (if the pan looks dry, add a splash of olive oil). Add garlic and cook until fragrant, then season with salt.
- Add marsala, chicken broth, heavy cream, and parsley and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over breasts. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over angel hair, if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!