This is an absolutely delicious soft, moist cake, easy to make and goes perfect with a lovely cup of coffee too.
Coffee Loaf Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 225 g or 1 3/4 cups Plain / All purpose flour (sieved)
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 175 g or 3/4 cup softened butter
- 200 g or 1 cup regular sugar
- 2/3 Cup or 150 ml Milk
- 2 Large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 Teaspoons of coffee granules dissolved in 1 Tablespoon hot water.
- Heat oven to 170c, 325F. Grease and line your baking tin.
- Get all your ingredients ready, i.e dissolve the coffee, sieve the flour, and add the salt and baking powder to the flour etc.
- Start with making the cake batter by creaming the butter and sugar until a pale light color.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mixer, on a low-speed setting, a bit at a time. If the mixture starts to curdle or split, add a spoonful of your sieved flour, keep on adding the eggs, and a bit of flour if necessary until all the eggs are added.
- Keeping the mixer on a slow speed, add the coffee mixture, milk and the rest of the flour.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the greased and lined loaf tin. Place in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes, check to see if it is cooked, using a skewer. Every oven varies, so keep an eye on your cake!
- Have a cup of tea!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!