Coca-Cola Cake Donuts are rich, chocolaty, baked donuts with a cake-like texture. The delicious icing sets-up nicely and puts the flavor of these donuts over the top!
Coca-Cola Cake Donuts
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Coca-Cola
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grease the Donut Pan generously. I use unsalted butter and make sure to get it all over.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk to mix well and aerate.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine 2 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup Coca-Cola, and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Whisk to mix well.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Gently fold the ingredients together until just combined. Set this mixture aside for about 15 minutes while the oven preheats. This will allow the baking powder to activate and help to make the donuts have a fluffier, lighter texture that I prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F while the batter is resting. When the oven is preheated, carefully scoop the mixture into the prepared Donut Pan, filling 3/4 of each donut cup.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven until the top of the donut bounces back when lightly pressed. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes in pan. Gently loosen donuts from pan and invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Clean out the pan to make the rest of the batter in the same manner.
- While the donuts are cooling, prepare the icing by melting 1/4 cup unsalted butter and combine with 3 tablespoons Coca-Cola. Mix in 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- When the donuts are cooled, dip each in the icing and set back on the cooling rack to dry. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!