Classic Southern Pound Cake is perfectly moist and buttery with just the right amount of sweetness. The texture is wonderfully tender and it has a thick layer of crackly crust on top.
Classic Southern Pound Cake
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
- 3 cups superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Using an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat sugar, butter, and cream cheese at medium-high speed until very fluffy and pale, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time on low speed, just until the yellow disappears. Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times.
- Add egg yolks, half-and-half, and vanilla extract and beat on low just until mixed in.
- Whisk together flour and salt in a medium bowl and mix it into the batter in 3 additions with the mixer on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan and then remove cake from the pan to cool completely.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!