This Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake will be love at first bite! With a super moist cake and delicious cinnamon streusel layers, it’s the perfect treat with your morning coffee!
Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter in a medium bowl. Mix together with a fork until clumps are formed.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and grease a 9 X 9-inch pan with butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Add the sour cream or Greek yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan and with an offset spatula, spread to cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon streusel evenly over the cake batter.
- Cover with remaining batter and then sprinkle again with the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with moist crumbs.Cool completely before slicing.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!