Chocolate Chip Snack Cake is a simple and delicious cake that is quick to mix and easy to love!
Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 32 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 47 MINUTES
- 1 & 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softenend
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (113g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (85g) + 3/4 cup (127g) chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Stir in the sour cream. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the pecans.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake 28-32 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set the pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle 3/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the warm cake. Wait 5 minutes. Then, using an offset spatula, spread the chocolate to cover top of cake. Allow the cake to cool completely.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!