No pasta? No problem.
Chicken Zucchini Alfredo
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 35 MINS
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 c. half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan (plus more for serving)
- 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
- Make zucchini “pappardelle”: Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create long, thin strips. Lay flat on a paper towel-lined baking sheet until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add half-and-half and cream cheese and cook, stirring often, until cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked chicken, zucchini pappardelle and parsley. Serve immediately.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!