Chicken Patties – juicy chicken patty recipe with teriyaki sauce. One of the best ground chicken recipes ever! So good and even the pickiest eaters love them.
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 10 minutes
- TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken, thaw to room temperature
- 1 egg, use only egg yolk
- 1 scallion, cut into rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground white or black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Japanese mirin (sweet cooking wine), optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
TERIYAKI SAUCE (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 cup Japanese mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium preferred
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all the ingredients together. Stir to mix well.
- To shape the ground chicken mixture into patties, wet both hands with water. Scoop up the chicken mixture, shape into a ball and flatten with your hands. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-low heat. Add the cooking oil. Transfer the chicken patties onto the skillet, pan fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Turn over and pan fry the other side for another 1-2 minutes. If the center is not cooked through, keep turning back and forth and continue to cook.
- Combine all the ingredients of the Teriyaki Sauce in a sauce pan. On low heat, simmer and reduce it to a thicker consistency, about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken patties with teriyaki sauce, optional.
If you double the recipe, you can use one egg, including the egg white.