Coconut milk is truly magical. It turns ordinary rice into a creamy, flavorful, perfectly cooked rice. We’re honestly never cooking our rice without it again.
Chicken & Coconut Rice Casserole
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINS
- 2 c. white jasmine rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (13.66-oz.) Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish, combine rice, onion, coconut milk, broth, and 2 tablespoons thyme. Season with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and stir to combine.
- Season chicken thighs with ½ teaspoon salt and a large pinch of pepper. Nestle chicken skin side up into rice mixture. Brush exposed chicken with coconut oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and increase oven to broil. Broil until golden, about 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!