We’ll never turn down an excuse to turn something cheesy.
Cheesy Chicken & Rice
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion
- 225 g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- 225 g short-grain rice
- 480 ml low-sodium chicken stock
- 240 ml double cream
- 100 g grated white Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season all over with salt and pepper. Cook until golden, 5 minutes, flipping once. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until all liquid released from mushrooms has evaporated and chicken is very golden, 6 minutes more.
- Spoon chicken and mushrooms to one side of pan and add rice to the other side. Let toast 1 minute, then stir until combined. Pour over chicken stock and double cream and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes, until rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in cheddar and let melt, 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Serve.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!