Easy to make Bourbon Spice Cupcakes with a delicious mascarpone and cream cheese frosting.
Bourbon and Spice Cupcakes
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on Spice Cake box
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Chopped pecans for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper liners in 24 muffin cups.
- Prepare the spice cake mix according to directions on box, adding pecans and 2 tablespoons bourbon to the batter.
- Divide batter between muffin cups and bake according to box directions. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, and mascarpone cheese on medium speed until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time, beating until smooth.
- Beat in bourbon, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish with chopped pecans if desired.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!