This crispy, tangy orange chicken is so much better than Panda.
Best Sticky Orange Chicken
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 0 HOURS 35 MINS
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- Canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Set up dredging station: In one bowl, add eggs, and in a second bowl, mix together ½ cup cornstarch and flour and season with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, tapping off any excess.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat ¼” oil. Fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk into sauce to thicken and simmer until sauce is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Toss chicken with sauce and green onions. Serve over rice.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!