Caramel and banana collide in this perfectly delicious spin on a traditional cake. Banana Upside Down Cake will be your new fave, gooey, flavorful and absolutely addicting.
Banana Upside Down Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbs butter melted
- 2 bananas thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 medium
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or any milk will essentially do
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9″ springform pan (higher sides is essential for this recipe), set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in bowl. Press mixture into bottom of the pan. Layer banana rounds on top of mix.
- In larger bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour on top of the brown sugar and banana mixture. Bake for 45 mins or until set (when toothpick comes out clean.)
- Turn out onto serving platter, be very careful with this as it should slip out easily.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!