When it comes comes to chicken, we typically like roasting chicken thighs because they stay so juicy and get extra crispy. Chicken breasts have a terrible reputation for drying out, but an air fryer keeps that from happening. The quick cook time means they stay nice and tender and the breading still gets extra crispy. All without a drop of oil. It’s an actual miracle.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 30 mins
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place eggs and flour in two separate shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, oregano, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into flour, then eggs, and then panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place in air fryer basket and cook at 375° for 10 minutes. Flip chicken, and cook for another 5 minutes, until coating is golden and chicken is cooked through.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!